Our top priority continues to be the safety and well-being of our staff, our guests and each member of our community. To keep all of us safe, we have implemented health and safety protocols that go above and beyond our already strict standards.
Key to NYC Pass. As you may know, New York City announced that beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, with limited exceptions, staff and guests 12 years or older must provide proof of vaccination status in order to participate in indoor dining activities, with enforcement starting on September 13, 2021. The City continues to update and revise its guidance on this new mandate. Proof of vaccination status shall include a paper or digital copy of a vaccination card from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), a NYC Vaccination Record, the NYS Excelsior Pass, the NYC COVID Safe App or other such government-issued digital record. For those guests 18 years or older, proof of identification matching proof of vaccination status is also required. Proof of vaccination status will not be required to for take-away or for outdoor dining activities.
· What, exactly, do I need to bring with me to validate my vaccination status?
oFor those 12 or older, please be prepared to present either a physical Covid-19 vaccination card, a government-provided digital record (e.g., New York State Excelsior Pass) or a photo of your vaccination card.
oFor those 18 or older, please also be prepared to present ID matching your proof of vaccination.
· Can unvaccinated children under the age of 12 or those ineligible to receive the vaccine dine indoors?
oChildren under the age of 12 are welcome to enjoy an indoor dining experience at Juliana’s so long as they wear a face mask when not seated.
oAt this time, those guests who are ineligible or unwilling to be vaccinated are not permitted to dine indoors.
· Will there be any exemptions from the mandate such as for medical or religious reasons?
oRegrettably, the City has not provided for any exemptions to the mandate except for reasonable accommodations which at this time include only the opportunity for take-away or outdoor dining.
· Can I dine indoors if I have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine?
oYes, proof of vaccination includes having received at least one dose of an approved vaccine.
· We continue provide professional-grade Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to any and all team members who request it.
Technology & Equipment
· Our dining room and restrooms have been redesigned to include contact-free hand-sanitizing stations, self-service napkin dispensers, automatic hand-dryers and touch-less toilets, water faucets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers.
· We have upgraded our HVAC equipment to meet or exceed current NY State mandates regarding air flow and filtration to include both “capture” and “kill” technologies that utilize UV ionization and MERV-13 filters specified by a professional engineer and installed by certified technicians.
· We maintain our contract with Cintas Corporation to provide monthly 360° next generation touch-less disinfection and sanitizing of the entire restaurant using its proprietary Electrostatic technology.