Juliana's heralds the return of Patsy Grimaldi, NYC’s most celebrated pizza proprietor, to 19 Old Fulton Street, the original location under the Brooklyn Bridge where he and his late wife, Carol, founded legendary Grimaldi’s Pizzeria. Unbeknownst to many, Pat and Carol sold Grimaldi’s and retired almost two decades ago. In 2012, they “unretired” to partner with close friend, Matthew Grogan, to establish Juliana’s, proudly preparing and serving pies the way Patsy has for generations: deliciously thin crusts hosting only the finest housemade, locally and internationally-sourced toppings, expertly turned inside the original hand-built coal-fired oven—the first commissioned in New York in over fifty years.

JULIANA'S® is affectionately named in honor of Patsy’s mother, Juliana Lancieri Grimaldi. Juliana was born in Melfi, Italy, the youngest of four. She had three older brothers, including Pasquale (“Patsy”) Lancieri who, with his wife, Carmella, opened a pastry shop on First Avenue in upper Manhattan. In 1933, they sold the pastry business and converted the shop next door to a restaurant, known today as the famous Patsy’s Pizzeria. Although the Lancieri family sold its interest in the mid-1990s, it still stands in its original East Harlem location.

Loading...